keskiviikko 2. helmikuuta 2011

SPRING 2015

I have started to work on a new project with Jenni Koistinen, Laura Murtomaa, Gesa Piper, Ragni Grönblom-Jolly, Arttu Palmio and Jani-Matti Salo among others. I am delighted to have also a male choir D25 joining us in the project. The project is called "On halos- the politics of perfection". We spent few weeks in August 2014 at Saaren kartano in an artistic residency getting tuned in to the landscape of halos. Some of the thinking and doing around the project was then already shared at Zodiak (Z-free) as an open rehearsal in October. The premiere will take place in Kiasma theatre 25.9.2015.

I am also busy with two books: coordinating the finnish translation of Richard Schechners Performance studies: an introduction, 3rd ed - this will be published in later year 2015, translated by Sarianna Silvonen. I am also editing material for a book based on interviews with artists like Leea Klemola, Janne Saarakkala, Nya Rampen, Nina Hosiasluoma, Milja Sarkola and Jani-Petteri Olkkonen among others. Beautiful and devoted group of students oh the University of Art talked with 12 artists about the processes and methods of working when doing performances. This book will be published beginning of Autumn 2015.

At the Theatre Academy I've been busy this year with an extremely inspiring and interesting project, a new Master's Programme "Ecology and Contemporary Performance". It will start Autumn 2016 as a 2-year pilot, more info  http://www.uniarts.fi/teak/ma-ecology-and-contemporary-performance-maecp

Ei kommentteja: